The majority of homeowners don’t give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very nice to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Elite Honolulu Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn everything you need to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Honolulu.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard appliance for several years. A residential refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, in order to prevent spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Elite Honolulu Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the back outside wall of the appliance and will help to release the heat absorbed inside the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat contained within it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it’s time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transferred within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas, thereby turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, starting the cooling period when it is appropriate.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Honolulu for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the compressor to begin, and the cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit directs the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the room and transforms to a liquid form.
3. The cooled liquified gas continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the coils in the inside of the appliance and freezer.
4. The coolant absorbs the hot air from within the refrigerator, cooling the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and turns back into a gas form, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a lot of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from a single place and transferring it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a house, provides a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? You can schedule an appointment with Elite Honolulu Appliance Repair.
Elite Honolulu Appliance Repair is able to fix most popular brands of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed appliance repairmen in Honolulu undergo training to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, touch panels, smart functionality and numerous other malfunctions. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working